This document describes the behaviour of the language adaptation tool with regards to reporting texts.
Reproducing the Issue
You will find the feature here:
Go to the Administrator work center.
- In the General Settings, click on Language Adaptations.
- Create a new adaptation with the required languages.
- Please make sure to tick the box Get Analytical Report Text in the tab Text Pool Selection.
- When collecting texts, you have to make sure to to tick the work centers that the reports to be translated are assigned to. The system will only collect the reports texts of those reports assigned to the work centers you have selected in Work Centers Selected for Texts.
- For the system to collect texts for KPIs and dashboards, please select the Business Analytics work center.
- If a change of assignments was done, please collect the texts again (no automatic update).
- After the texts are collected, you may see that the same label is listed several times. This is because the label is present in several instances. It is recommended maintain a translation for all of them.
Translating fields from standard reports:
- fully supported.
Translating fields from custom reports:
- If the field is a standard field, it will be translated as normal.
- If the field comes from a cloud data source, or if you have renamed it in a data source, you have to rename it in the report wizard first. Only then will it be considered for translation. To rename the field:
- Go to Business Analytics, view Design Reports.
- Select the custom report and click on Edit With > Report Wizard.
- Go to step 4: enter a characteristic name in the column Rename Charateristic To.
- Go to step 5: enter a variable name in the column Rename Variable To.
- Please note: Key figures cannot be renamed. For this reason, key figures coming from cloud data sources cannot be translated via the Language Adaptation tool.
- Click on Finish. Afterwards, the language adaptation tool will pick up these texts as well.
- Fields are only translated on a report level, not in data sources. In a data source, you can only translate the header, not the characteristics and key figures.
- For KPIs & dashboards, you can only translate the header. The remaining information will be translated by translating the context reports.
- When you rename a report, this will not impact the translation via language adaptation.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To