You created a field with data type char in a Cloud Data Source. When you created the field you selected the length to be longer than 60 characters.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Data Sources view.
- Click on New > Cloud Data Source.
- Enter the mandatory details for your new Cloud Data Source.
- Click on Add Row to create data source fields.
- Type in Field ID, Name, Length, etc. and select Data Type = Char.
- When you enter a length > than 60 you will receive the message 'Field length incorrect; enter a number number between 1-60'.
This is the expected system behaviour and works as designed.
We are evaluating the use case and if required this will be changed in future releases.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To