Login to SF system, go to Admin Center>Manage Calibration Sessions>People, click Search button to do a blind search, "Your search did not find any matching users." message will be showing and there's not any user searched out.
See below screenshot:
But we are sure that this user has been granted required Calibration permissions like "Detailed Calibration Permissions" & "Manage Calibration Sessions" & "User Search" permission with valid target population.
There are 2 additional settings which will lead to this issue, please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
1. Go to Provisioning>Company Settings, see if below 3 options are ALL checked currently(especially the second option);
- Dynamic Groups V2 (My Groups)
- Dynamic Groups (deprecated) [Not Ready for Sales/Production]
- Enable "Manage My Groups" permission in RBP — requires “Role-based Permission (This will disable Administrative Domains)” and “Dynamic Groups V2 (My Groups)”
2. If above 3 options are all ticked on, then go to Admin Center > View User Permission, see if this permission "General User Permission>Manage My Groups" has been granted to the login user.
If Dynamic Groups V2 is enabled meanwhile the option "Dynamic Groups (deprecated) [Not Ready for Sales/Production]" is also checked, then in the front end RBP permission "Manage My Groups" is required to search people in Manage Calibration Sessions.
There're 2 ways to solve the problem,
- Disable 'Dynamic Groups (deprecated) [Not Ready for Sales/Production]' in Provisioning, then the people search in Manage Calibration Sessions will work no matter RBP permission "Manage My Groups" is granted or not;
- If you would like to keep current Provisioning settings, the user sholuld be granted with RBP permission "Manage My Groups"
KBA , LOD-SF-CAL-ADM , Admin Tools, Permissions, Settings , Problem