- Customer needs to propagate the field “headofunit” from the Department object to the field “managerID in the JobInfo.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Rule to propagate the changes, when changing Department head of unit field, it should change managerID field in Job Information
- Create an Off Cycle Event Batch and assign the rule
- Go to Admin Center
- Search for Manage Data
- Select Department and edit the field head of unit, save the changes
- You will notice that the system did not update the managerID field in Job Information
This is not currently possible with Off Cycle Event batch. The techincal limitation is coming with using rules to define Manager in Job Info based on a worker field from MDF
- There is not an automatic process that will update those changes. A possible workaround to update both fields is using Mass Changes (or imports) to manually update everyones Job Info.Manager. You can define the Mass Change Group based on Department and set the Manager to be the right "Head of Unit".
- In case you consider this as an important enhancement for your company, we encourage you to submit your ideas in our SuccessFactors Customer Community website here - click here
- Employee Central, Department, Propagation, Rule, Off Cycle Event batch
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1708