How do I redirect a custom URL to my SAP Analytics Cloud (BOC) tenant?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Set up a Domain Name Service (DNS) entry mapping from https://myurl.com to https://<MySimpleURL>.<DataCenter>.sapanalytics.cloud
- Browse to https://myurl.com
- Receive "Service Unavailable. No server is available to handle request or the application is temporarily down for maintenance. Excuse us for the inconvenience."
- Set up a local Hosts file that maps from https://myurl.com to https://<MySimpleURL>.<DataCenter>.sapanalytics.cloud
- Browse to https://myurl.com
- Receive a a 404 error
SAP Analytics Cloud requires specific headers to be maintained in order for connection and authentication to be successful
In addition this approach will invalidate the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certifcate used by SAP Analytics Cloud.
Useful information on this can be found in the SAP Analytics Cloud Help under "Live Data Connection to SAP HANA via HTTP Server" at https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/120b2a4e84da4989b019c0a2580885bd.html
- Incoming Host HTTP request header must be preserved which for example can be done with Apache HTTP Server using "ProxyPreserveHost" per https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypreservehost
- Header "X-Custom-Host" must be preserved pointing to <MySimpleURL>.<DataCenter>.sapanalytics.cloud which for example can be done with Apache HTTP Server using "RequestHeader append" per http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_headers.html
SAP Analytics Cloud Development is investigating this requirement and options such as Subject Alternate Name (SAN) SSL certificate
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, redirect, DNS, forward, short, url , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To