- Create a story that contains a chart, select label direction Diagonal
- If you edit the chart to add a different dimension/measure as color, the label will be changed to Horizontal
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.20
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story and a Canvas
- Create a Chart using at least a measure and dimension
- In the Designer > Styling select the option Label Direction and set it to Diagonal. The labels in the chart will change accordingly
- Go back to the main designer panel and select now a dimension or measure not included in the chart as Color. The label changes to horizontal.
After selecting a different dimension/measure, the label changes.
This is currently the expected behaviour when rendering with grouped categories. You'll know you've entered this state when you see the vertical | lines between the axis categories. This occurs because you're combining the members on dimension with the ones on colour and implicitly groups the two sets of dimensions together. You would actually see the same thing if you put both dimension on the same axis, only difference is the colouring wouldn't apply.
Avoid grouping: use the same dimension on both the dimension and colour axis.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
label, chart, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , Problem