Issue was reported on the SAP Community post - https://answers.sap.com/questions/318334/visual-studio-2017-loading-very-slow.html?childToView=332589#answer-332589
What they are saying is in VS 2017 and loading multiple projects ( 100 + ) it is taking a long time compared to VS 2015 and previous versions.
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 21
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 22
- Visual Studio 2015
- Visual Studio 2017
The Slow-Loading-Solution issue exists with both Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017.
In Visual Studio 2015, the loading solution runs in background and doesn't block users' action.
In Visual Studio 2017, the loading solution shows a processing bar and block users' action.
A workaround before SAP releases CrystalReportsForVisualStudio SP23.
Follow these steps:
- Close all Visual Studio running processes.
- Upgrade to SP 22 if you are still on SP 21. Requires uninstalling SP 21 first. Download from the WIKI, see attached link and then install SP 22.
- Download CRVsPackage.dll from KBA.
- Backup your original CRVsPackage.dll in the folder [C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86] (It would be better to copying it to another path)
- Replace the original CRVsPackage.dll with the downloaded one.
- Open Visual Studio 2017 and load the solution file.
cr for vs, VS 2015, VS 2017, SP 21, slow to load projects , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem