When creating a new rule for Document Numbering Formats for Inbound Delivery, you don't maintain the Site ID as there is not asterisks and you received an error message.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Business Configuration work center.
2. Select the Implementation Projects view.
3. Click on the Open Activity List button.
4. Serach for the activity: Document Numbering Formats for Inbound Delivery.
5. Select the Activity and click on the Open button.
6. Click the Add Row button.
7. Enter the Company ID.
8. Enter the Document Type.
9. Enter the Prefix Value and other information.
10. Click the Save button.
Error shows: Row X (X represents the number of the row): Site ID is mandatory for the selected document type.
The reason why the column Site ID does not have an Asterisk, is because this column is conditionaly mandatory. The Asterisk is only placed for columns which are always mandatory.
If you select the Document Type: Third Party, the column Site ID is not mandatory.
This is the expected system behavior.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To