You are looking for to use the 'Forecasting Group ID' characteristic of the 'Material Planning' data source to build a report, but the values shown by this characteristic are incorrect.
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce the issue, kindly follow the step by step below:
- Go to Business Analytics work center
- Go to Design Data Sources view
- Search for the 'Material Planning' data source
- Open it
- Move the 'Forecasting Group ID' characteristic to rows tab
- See there are values which are not compatible with the values you maintain in your Forecasting Group ID's
In order to verify the Forecasting Group ID's you have in your system, kindly follow the step by step below:
- Go to Supply Chain Design Master Data work center
- Go to Forecasting Groups view
- Click on the Actions button
- Click on the Expand All option
- See your Forecasting Groups which are maintened in your system
This behavior is experienced since the 'Material Planning' data source was designed to work this way. The 'Forecasting Group ID' field actually references the 'Product Category ID' accordingly to this specific data source documentation in the system.
In order to get the correct value and also the correc characteristic 'Forecasting Group ID', you may use the 'Forecasting Group Master Data' data source and create a left outer join between the 'Material Planning' data source and the 'Forecasting Group Master Data' data source, following this approach, you may retrieve the data you wish from this join data source and create your report based on it.
Remember to use the 'Forecasting Group Master Data' data source as the anchor in order to sucessfully create the left outer join.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To