You are exporting the data in a table or chart in SAP Analytics Cloud and you get the following error message:
Export failed: The data cannot be displayed because the query returned too many records. Please try filtering your data.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017
The number of cells exported exceeds the limitations on SAP Analytics Cloud documented in https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/405da2ee4e604ed4aa11bab4d7061ddb.html
The following limitations apply to the export:
Maximum number of columns: 60.
Maximum number of cells of data: 3 million.
Any filters applied to the chart are applied to the data export.
The export does not contain information on which filters or data sources are used.
Formatting (such as cell color, font styles, and so on) will not be exported.
Hyperlinks are removed.
Hierarchies are flattened.
Add filters to reduce the number of cells exported.
Exceeding the 3 million records is easier than expected when you export large number of columns as you need to calculate the total number of cells as # Columns * # Rows.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP Cloud for Planning, exporting, save, excel, sc4p, c4p, , cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting,SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , Problem