This KBA will answer some important questions regarding SAP PI Adaptors in relation to integration between ERP systems, Successfactors and LMS.
Learning Management System All Supported Versions
- What Adaptors can be used to integrate ERP with LMS via its OData API? Both the newer OData Adaptor (REST Adaptor) and older SFSF (with new REST/OData extensions) can be used to interface with LMS OData API
- Which is better to use with the latest OData API? The newer OData (REST) Adaptor will allow you to fully implement the latest version of LMS OData API. Whilst the older SFSF Adaptor now has extensions to make OData calls, these calls were pre-configured to use an older version of the LMS Odata API which as of b1802 release has upgraded its OData Olingo libraries to a newer version.
- When should you use SFSF Adaptor? SFSF Adaptor allows for SOAP and REST calls and with new extensions can make OData calls such as those made to Success Factors EC OData API. However, it does not support newer OData v4 calls which means it no longer supports integration to LMS OData API until it gets upgraded and it becomes compatible with the latest OData libraries (v4 onwards).
- Why should you use newer OData/REST Adaptor? The newer adaptor supports OData V4 and gives you free access to consume all available LMS OData APIs where all operations are available.
- What SAP Team or Component supports these adaptors?
- Older SFSF Adaptor (with RESTful extensions): BC-XI-CON-SUF
- REST (OData) Adaptor: BC-XI-CON-RST
LMS; OData API; Adaptors; SAP; SAP PI; SAP ERP; On-premise , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ODA , LMS Web Services OData , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , LMS Integrations , LOD-SF-LMS-TLS , Web Services & Tools , BC-XI-CON-SUF , SuccessFactors Adapter , BC-XI-CON-RST , Rest Adapter , How To