You want to set the standard field Assigned To as a mandatory field in Tickets View of HTML5 client.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service Workcenter in HTML5 client
- Navigate to Tickets View
- Click on Adapt → Edit Master Layout
- Hover the cursor over the Assigned To field in the Ticket header
- Click on the tool icon
- You observe that there is no option to set the field as Mandatory
Assigned To field is not editable in HTML5, hence, it cannot be set as a mandatory field via Adaptation Mode. This is the standard system behavior.
This field is editable in Fiori client and can be set as a mandatory field in the RUI floorplan. If your requirement is that this has to be made mandatory in HTML5 client too, then it has to be done via UI Designer.
For making the mandatory * appear on the screen, you need to enhance the screen.
- Open extensibility explorer in UI Designer
- Open the section group Header and click Adjust Properties
- Then select True within column for the field you want to make mandatory
NOTE: Point to note here is that, setting it mandatory in UI Designer, would not automatically do a validation as well. You need to write the code in ValidationOnSave to not to save with out this field being entered.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To