You are looking to use the 'User Status' characteristic in your report, but when choose to display the ID and Description, both show the ID.
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce the issue, follow the step by step below:
- Go to Business Analytics work center
- Go to Design Data Sources view
- Search for 'Installation Point' data sources, which contains the 'User Status' characteristic
- Open the Data Source
- Click on the Go button
- In the 'Available Fields' tab, select the 'User Status' characteristic
- In the 'Rows & Columns' tab, select the characteristic and click on 'Settings' option
- In the 'General' tab, in the field 'Display As'. select the option 'Description and ID'
- Click on the 'OK' button
- See the duplicated values for the 'User Status' characteristic
This behavior is experienced since the system was designed to work this way when using this specific characteristic. For this characteristic, the system only saves the ID in the back end.
In order to provide a workaround for this behavior, please follow one of the following approaches:
First Approach: In order to display the description in your reports, you may create an Extension Field in order to provide the description for each ID in your system.
Second Approach: You may check in our SAP Influence Portal for similar requests of the possibility to save and display the description of this characteristic in your reports, in our Portal, SAP developers are going to receive the requirements and the most voted can be reviewed and added in future releases of our system.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To