You have created the Goods and Service Receipt XYZ (XYZ represents the Goods and Service Receipt ID) and posted it.
Before its posting, it was sent for approval. You wish to retrieve the Goods and Service Receipt but there is no Withdraw from approval option.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Goods and Service Receipts work centre.
- Go to Receipts and Returns view.
- Go to Show by Documents subview.
- Find XYZ.
- Select Edit.
The document is In Approval, there is no Withdraw from approval button available.
It is not possible to withdraw a Goods and Service receipt from approval in the UI.
This is a system limitation. As a workaround, you can assign the approval task to another user, who can then send the Goods and Service receipt for revision. The employee responsible for the Goods and Service Receipt will then be able to amend the document according to the business needs.
In order to reassign the approval task, you can follow these steps:
- Go to Application and User Management work centre.
- Go to Business Task Management view.
- Show All Items.
- Find the approval task Approve Goods and Services Receipt XYZ.
- Select the task.
- Click Assign Item.
- Enter the name of the new approver.
- Click OK.
The task will be reassigned and made available for the new approver in the work centre Managing my Area - view Approvals. By selecting Send for revision, the Goods and Service Receipt will be editable once again.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To