In a Sales Order, in the Pricing and Invoicing tab, the line for Costs for the individual line items shows an unexpected value which distorts the Profit Margin.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work centre.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
- Show all Orders and in the Find field search for Sales Order XXX (XXX represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Click View All and navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select line item 10 and click on Expand.
- In the Costs line, you see an unexpected value.
- Go To Product and Services work centre.
- Go to the Products view.
- Show All Products and in the Find field search for Product YYY (YYY represents the product ID of line item 10 in the Sales Order XX).
- Click View All and navigate to the Valuation tab.
- Check all valid inventory cost entries for the company ABC (ABC represents the company ID) for which the Sales Order was created. Company ABC is the seller party of your Sales Order.
- For company ABC, there are multiple business residences maintained for which a valid inventory cost entry is maintained.
If there are multiple valid inventory values maintained in different business residences for one company, the system will show an average of these cost entries in the Costs line in your Sales Order.
Maintain only valid inventory costs in business residences that you want to be considered in the determination of costs in your sales Order.
Note: The Costs line in the Sales Order is for display purposes only. It is not taken into account when calculating the value of the Sales Order.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To