You have created a new drop down list as an extension field but the List Values in the list are not in alphabetical order.
Reproducing the Issue
Open any dropdown list that was created as an extension field.
This is standard system behaviour. The sequence in drop down lists is based on the Code of the List Values assigned to the drop down list.
In order to see the Code of the List Values follow below steps:
- Navigate to the dropdown list/extension field.
- Select Adapt and click Change Master Layout.
- Hover the mouse over the dropdown list and select Change Properties and click Field Definition.
- Under the General Data facet you will be able to see the List Values.
- The numbers in the Code column show the actual sequence of the List Values. The Description is only the label of that List Value displayed by the UI.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To