Re Assign a Curricula to the user that has a Complete status , with a new assignment date so that the system can take the Ignore Previous Completion setting into consideration and give the curricula an Incomplete status to the user. The assignment date does not change to the new assignment date.
Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a Curricula and add an online Item to it
2. Maintain the Initial Number and Initial period as 30 and Days (Event Basis) respectively and Ignore Previous Completions checked with a value 1
3. Effective date as a past date and Assignment Type as Required.
Once the curricula is set up , Assign the curricula to a user with an Assignment date in the past and not today's date
4. Complete the Item for the user with a completion date in the past and see that the curricla marks complete for the user.
5. Now if the Curricula is assigned with a current date, then based on the Ignore Previous Completions checked with a value 1 , the curricula should show Incomplete for the user to take the course again.
However, this does not happen, because the assignment date still remains the same Initial assignment date which was a past date, even when we set the assignment date to today's date in the Assignment wizard for the curricula assignment.
When we manually change the assignment date on the admin side in the user record, to today's date, the curricula changes to Incomplete status
To re assign a curricula to a user, the previous assignment must be removed first. Once the previous assignment of the curricula is removed and the curricula is reassigned, it will have the new assignment date. This is as per product design as confirmed by the Product Management.
Remove the previous curricula assignment. After removing, then re assign the curricula with the new assignment date. This will consider the Ignore Previous completion setting maintained and give the Complete/Incomplete status of the curricula to the user accordingly
Ignore Previous Completion, Curricula Assignment Date , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem