- When approving workflow for new Dependent or Dependent changes related, the system is getting an application error and customer cannot proceed to approve it.
Example: errorId=1703899a-dae8-4766-8e3e-db73513afd16, fingerprint=25e9da69186b7649e16a0f2b4bf5acc6563f4138, timestamp=2017-10-09T23:33:00.164 1100, server=1PC10BCF20, versionInfo=Release: b1708.1258233
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home Page
- Under ToDo Icon, select Approve Requests
- Select the workflow you need to approve, you will receive an application error
- Missing Permissions: Edit/Insert, Correct and Delete under Personal Information Actions.
- We cannot remove those permissions. Based on the Product design, the particular permission in Personal Information portlet is necessary to have dependents fields working, because dependents shares its fields from different employee's portlet.
- Go to Admin Center
- Select "Set User Permissions"
- Select "Manage Permissions Roles"
- Select the desired Role of the approver and click on "Permission"
- Click on "Employee Central Effective Dated Entities"
- Search for "Personal Information Actions" and check the following permissions:
7. Log out from the Instance and try to approve the workflow. If the error persist you will need to send the workflow back, and submit it again.
FOR SAP SUPPORT ONLY:
See Internal memo to identify the Jiras related to this issue.
- Employee Central, Workflow , Application Error, Dependent , Permission