- How can I import Learning Activity in a Development Goal Plan?
- What should I fill for each column in the Import File?
SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
Reproducing the Issue
This article gives a general understanding on the Learning Activity Import and provide step-by-step instructions on how to perform a Learning Activity Import. You can also refer to attached CSV Import File to easily review how to fill each field in the Learning Activity Import.
Learning Activity can be imported with the Import Development Objective option under Admin Center > Development > Import Development Goals.
First, you should obtain the Development Goals Import template for the Development Plan Template to which you would like to import Development Goals. You can find the Development Goals Import Template by going to “Admin Tools” > “Development” > “Import Development Goals”.
Then, you should select the desired Development Goals Template in the templates list dropdown, click on “Generate CSV Header” and follow your browser’s instructions to download the template.
Fill the CSV Import File
See below a quick reference on how to fill each column of the CSV Import File:
^TYPE – you should fill this column with “OBJECTIVE”;
ACTION – supported actions are “ADD”, “UPDATE”, “DELETE”;
ID – fill with Development Goal ID. You should either use ID or GUID field. In case ID is provided, GUID will be ignored. Please note that you should only fill the ID if you are updating an existing goal. If you're creating new goals, you should leave the field blank and the system will automatically assign a new value.
SUBID – Not applicable;
GUID – fill it with GUID external identifier of choice. This is a unique code that the import creator added to the import file to update or delete goals at a later date and time. The code will group one or more goals into one action. Example, an import file is used to push a goal to all employees in both the engineering and sales department. At a later date and time, all these goals can be updated by one import file line by specifying an action and the GUID. The field accepts alphanumerical values.
SUBGUID – Not applicable;
FILTER_USERNAME – username for whom you would like to add the Development Goal.
OBS: The “FILTER_...” fields may differ depending on your instance configurations and can be used to mass assign Development Goals according to the filter options specified.
OBJECTIVE_CATEGORY – you should fill it according to the category IDs configured in the Development Plan Template or leave it blank for the default category when adding new Development Goals.
OBJECTIVE_PARENTID – it should be left blank.
OBJECTIVE_PUBLIC – “1” or “Y” if you would like the Development Goal to be public. “0” or “N” if you would like the Development Goal to be private.
OBJECTIVE_name – should be filled with the desired Development Goal name.
OBJECTIVE_... – other fields depend on the Development Plan Template. Please see below special considerations while completing information on the fields depending on their type:
- Text/Textarea – can be filled with any text.
- Enum – should be filled with the option values available in the dropdown options of the Development Plan Template (please note that the option values may differ from the option labels, depending on how the template was configured.
- Date – should be filled with a date with the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Competency – you can fill it with multiple competency GUIDs and split the values by comma, for example, “7,8”, for the competencies to be associated with the objective. To update the development goal, you can leave the column as blank and the original association will not be updated or you can fill it with “NULL” to reset the association.
- Percent – should be filled with a percentage value (##.##).
- Number – should be filled with a number (supports Integer or Float values).
- Link – use the following format When importing URL values in that field: [[URL][Label]] - Note you need to use brackets [] like this and then replace the words "URL" or "Label" with what you want displayed.
Go to “Admin Tools” > “Development” > “Import Development Goals”. In the Import Development Goals page, you should browser for the CSV file you would like to import and click on “Import”. You will receive an e-mail upon completion informing the results of the Import Job.
Import learning activities with development goals need Transcript feature turned on. And only avaiable for SuccessFactors LMS integrated customer after b1207.
For these customers, they can import learning activities by getting the import template with admin tools -> Import development objectives -> Generate CSV Header. The Learning activities fields are appended just after goal fields and exactly same with the fields configured in learning activity template.
Attached “Import_DefaultTemplate_Sample.csv” is an example of the exported csv format with learning activities.
Learning Activity Overview in this import function:
"GUID" is the GUID of objective, for the learning which associated with this objective, should input the same GUID in learning activity row
For "ADD" action, you need leave SUBGUID and SUBID as blank and system will generate it automatically which value starts with "MANUAL$"
We support ADD/DELETE/UPDATE on all custom learning activities
We do not support add action on catalog learning activity
If "Enable SuccessFactors Learning integration" feature turned on, catalog learning from LMS can not be updated and deleted
Learning Activity Import, Importing Learning Activites , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-LA , Learning Activity Plan (LMS) , Problem