- UI fields in the MDF portlet do not appear in the workflow request.
- Aprover cannot see the UI fields added via Config UI page in approval request.
- UI Links not visible in the Workflow approval page.
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF Worklfow
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF Configuration UI
Reproducing the Issue
1) Go to Manage Configuration UI page and open the UI for desired custom MDF object.
2) Add fields or links by clicking on "Add field" or "Add Link" on the UI and click on Save.
3) Note that "Value Type" will be "User Defined" for such fields.
(For the fields from the Object definition, "Value Type" will be "Resolver")
4) Configure this UI in People Profile and Save, then Go to Employee files and create data for this custom MDF object for some user.
5) Note that fields added in the UI are visible here including links. Input values and click on Save.
6) This will initiate the workflow process. Click on Confirm.
7) Proxy as Approver, and open this workflow request pending for approval. (Pending request)
You will notice the UI fields are not appearing in this request Approval page.
This is by design in the system. Only the fields from Object Definition are eligible to be there in the workflow process.
UI fields are mostly used to put some additional labels, banners in the UI to enhance the user friendliness. UI links are used to navigate to some other URL when you click on them.
It does not require any approval from the approver to have these fields included in the UI and hence MDF workflow does not maintain User Defined fields/links added via Manage Configuration UI page. Similarly, the UI rules also do not take effect on the Workflow page.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Custom MDF portlets
- Manage Configuration UI
- UI fields
- UI Links