When creating a Sales Quote, the Sales Organisation is being determined from the employee sales data instead of the account sales data. You get the error message "Use another sales organization. ABC (Sales Organization ABC) not valid for sales unit XYZ (Sales Organization XYZ)."
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Sales workcenter.
2. Go to the Sales Quotes view.
3. Click New to create a new sales quote.
4. Select an Account with Sales Org ABC.
5. Select an owner with Sales Org XYZ.
Result: You receive the error message: "Use another sales organization. ABC (Sales Organization ABC) not valid for sales unit XYZ (Sales Organization XYZ)."
You have selected the scoping question for combined Sales Area determination in Business Configuration work center.
The sales organisation is normally derived from the sales unit party. Since you have switched on this Business Configuration option, the determination of the Sales Organisation happens differently. With this option, the Sales Organisation is found as follows: first it tries to find an intersection between the employee's sales data and the accounts sales data. If this is found, then this sales area is taken over in the sales quote. When there is no intersection, then the determination looks at the employee's sales area.
1. Go to the Business Configuration work center.
2. Go to the Implementation Projects view.
3. Select the Edit Project Scope button.
4. Go to the Step 4 - Questions.
5. Expand the following: Sales > New Business > Sales Quotes.
6. Under Sales Area Determination deselect the question: Do you want to enable users to default and specify, per sales quote, a predetermined combination of sales org., distribution channel and division?
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To