You create a supplier invoice cancellation, but you are unable to post it due to exception as below.
Item:HSN Code not selected.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center,Supplier Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search and find supplier invoice ABC(ABC stands for supplier invoice ID), you can see the status of the invoice is In Cancellation.
- Also you can see the corresponding invoice cancelation DEF(DEF stands for supplier invoice cancellation ID), the status is In Exception.
- Check the exception, you can see the error message is: Item: HSN Code not selected.
- Go to Item,Basic Data tab, you can see the HSN/SAC For India field is blank and grayed out.
The original suplier invoice is created before 01.07.2017, when the India GST(Goods and Service Tax) not started and HSN/SAC For India field is still not required, so the field is blank. But the invoice cancellation is created on or after 01.07.2017, when doing cancellation, the HSN code is required. Hence the post is failed.
You can reset the posting date of the cancellation invoice prior to GST (01.07.2017).
Once you reset the posting date, click Check, the exception should disappear, then you will be able to post the invoice cancellation.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To