The Workflow Rule is not working for the Field Update.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Workflow Rules view.
- Click on the New button to create the work flow rule.
- In the New Work Flow rule, enter the below details and later activate the rule.
- Business Object : Leads.
- Timing : On Create Only.
- Condition : Status Equal To Open.
- Define Action with Rule Type as Field Update : Select the Field name Source with the value as ABC(where ABC is the source name) .
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Click on the New Lead button and enter all mandatory field .
You can see under field Source the value as ABC is not defaulted, but gets determine once New Lead is saved.
The workflow rule base field update on timing as On Create Only will trigger once the document is initially saved. So you have to first save the newly created doument to trigger the workflow rule .
Note :: Once the document is created via action Save then further field update will be base on the workflow rule, which will be for the timing as On Every Save.
This is an expected system behavior.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To