When adding a new child record to the MDF object, the workflow approval request sends the previous child records that have been approved
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Workflows
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF associations
Reproducing the Issue
- Create data for an MDF object with a composite association and one child record to trigger the workflow
- Complete the approval process
- Now, edit the alread created data to add a new child entry to the list
- A workflow is triggered for approval including the data for parent and all its child entries
This is by design in workflows
This is an expected behavior in workflow approval process:
- When the workflow is triggered, the entire data that is added in the Parent object along with its child records are sent for the approval process each time you perform an edit or add new child record.
- The workflow does not differentiate the approval request per child record basis as per the standard design.
MDF: Metadata Framework MDF workflows , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , MDF Workflows , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflow & Trigger (Rules & XML) , Product Enhancement