- For custom MDF portlets, the Approver cannot edit/update the data in workflow request.
- Worklfow aprover not having the Update button.
- Unapproved data in custom MDF object getting saved/ visible before the approval from Approver.
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF Worklfow
Reproducing the Issue
- Create data for custom MDF object and click on Save. which will generate approval process. (Keep note of who the approvers are)
- Click on Confirm.
- Proxy as Approver and see the requests pending for your approval.
- No "Update" button on the approval screen. Only "Send Back" and "Approve" buttons are there. Fields in the request are not editable to approver.
There can be two configurations, which can result to this behavior:
1) "Edit transaction" set to "No Edit" in the worklow attached to the object.
To check this Go to Admin Center -> Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures -> Select Workflow from left dropdown -> Select the desired workflow
2) "Pending Data" set to "No" on the object definition.
To check this Go to Admin Center -> Configure Object Definition -> Select "Object Definition" from the left dropdown -> Select the desired object.
If the approver is required to be able to edit/update the data in the workflow request.
1) "Edit transaction" should be set to either "Edit with Route Change" or "Edit without Route Change" in the worklow attached to the object.
2) "Pending Data" should be set to "Yes" on the object definition.
3) Then the approver will have option to Update and edit the fields in the request.
1) If you set the Pending Data = No, it means that data will be saved without the approval from the Approver. Approver will not have the "Update" button and he/she won't be able to make any changes in the data in the request. Whatever decision approver takes (Send Back or Approve) will not have any impact on the data.
2) If you set the Pending data = Yes, it means that data does not get saved until the workflow request is approved. No more records can be created for the same object until the already pending request is approved. If the approver approves, then the data will get saved, otherwise if he/she Send back the request, data will be removed from the system and then new request can be created.
3) The data which is pending for approval, will only be visible through History and there will be no option to edit that.
4) Additionally, a message "This is non actionable (To be approved) record" will apprear on the data that is pending for the approval in V12.
In PP3, if you attempt to Edit the data and click on Save you will get an error message like below:
Admin has to either approve the already pending request or manually cancel it, if new data needs to be created for same externalCode/User
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Custom MDF portlets
- Pending Data