You try to run your report but instead you get the following error message 'Characteristic ABC is missing in mdav DEF; Report 123 canot be saved'.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Open your report from the respective work center (depending on the report assignment).
- Click on Go.
You receive the above error message.
In most cases, this behavior is experienced because these characteristic might have been deleted from the data source (for example by deleting an extension field) which the report is based in, but both data source and report were not yet refreshed.
Follow the two step by step below to refresh the data source and the report:
- Go to Design Data Sources in the Business Analytics work center;
- Search for the data source which your report is based in;
- Select the data source;
- Click on Edit button;
- Click on Save and Close button ;
- Go to Design Reports in the Business Analytics work center;
- Search for the report which you experienced the error message;
- Select the report;
- Click on Edit With button;
- Select Report Wizard on the drop down list;
- After the report wizard opens, click on the Finish button;
report, data source, characteristic, inconsistent, analytics, error message, Report does not work , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To