You try to run your report but instead you get the following error message 'Characteristic ABC is missing in mdav DEF; Report 123 canot be saved'.
In most cases, this behavior is experienced because these characteristic might have been deleted from the data source which the report is based in and both data source and report did not refreshed it's characteristics list to notice the change.
Follow the two step by step below to refresh the data source and the report:
- Go to Design Data Sources in the Business Analytics work center;
- Search for the data source which your report is based in;
- Select the data source;
- Click on Edit button;
- Click on Save and Close button ;
- Go to Design Reports in the Business Analytics work center;
- Search for the report which you experienced the error message;
- Select the report;
- Click on Edit With button;
- Select Report Wizard on the drop down list;
- After the report wizard opens, click on the Finish button;
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To