An Incoming/Outgoing Check was created using the Assign On Account Payment, you noticed that the Journal Entry posted the amount to the Default Profit Center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management Work Center.
- Go to Payment Monitor View.
- Search and open Incoming/Outgoing Check ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Check).
- Under Accounting Data click on the Journal Entry ID.
- You see that amount assigned to On Account Payment goes to the Default Profit Center.
When we post the Incoming/Outgoing Check on Assign On Account Payment, then 2 lines are created in the Journal Entry, one line for Accounts Receivables/Payables and another line for Cash
and this line reads the Default Profit Center maintained in the system.
This is the system expected behavior.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To