- You create an Incoming/Outgoing Check or Cash payment using the Assign On Account Payment option.
- You notice that the Journal Entry posted the amount to the Default Profit Center.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Monitor view.
- Search and open Incoming/Outgoing Check/Cash payment ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Check/Cash payment).
- Under Accounting Data click on the Journal Entry ID.
- The amount assigned as On Account Payment has been posted to the Default Profit Center.
When an Incoming/Outgoing Check/Cash payment is created via the Assign On Account Payment option then the respective Accounts Receivables/Payables account is being credited (incoming)/debited (outgoing) and the Cash Account is debited (incoming)/credited (outging). For this posting the Default Profit Center is derived as maintained in Fine Tuning in the Profit Center Derivation Activity.
This is the system expected behavior.
If you want to define a specific profit center for Cash payments you can select the Cash Subledger when setting up the Default Profit Center:
- In the Business Configuration either open the Activity list via the Implementation Project and then navigate to the Fine-Tune phase, or (if your system is live already) open the Business Configuration workcenter and go to the Overview view.
- Find the Default Profit Center activity and open it.
- In the new screen, under Defaulty Profit Center click on the Edit Default Profit Center link.
- Add a row, maintain the relevant Company ID.
- In the Subledger column select Cash.
- Then select the profit center DEF in the Profit Center column (DEF represents the profit center to be maintained for Cash payments specifically).
- Move this setting on top of the generic Default Profit center setting as the profit center derivation works in hierarchical order.
- Press Save and Close.
After this all on account payments involving the Cash register will be posted to the defined Profit Center.
Default Profit Center, Cash Payment, Incoming/Outgoing On Account Payment, Profit Center Derivation , KBA , default profit center cash payment , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To