You receive the error below while migrating Employees' Personnel Administration Data:
"Position XYZ must be/be under a reporting line unit from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY" (XYZ represents the ID of the position)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration Overview;
- Search for Migration of Employee Data and click on it;
- Click on the Activity and then 'Migrate Personnel Administration Data Using the Migration Tool';
- Open the Migration Tool and click on Upload > Data From Migration Template;
- Select the XML file and Execute Migration Step by Step;
- You will receive the mentioned error at the simulation step.
This error message is occuring because the Hire Date of the Employee is higher than the Validity of the Reporting Line Unit (Org Unit).
The Hire Date of the Employee should be lesser or equal to the Reporting Line Unit's validity period.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To