Your requirement is to upload the Web Site for the Customers using the activity Migration of Customers, but you receive the below error:
Empty Field 'Addresses-Address UUID' not allowed in mode "Update existing record"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Customers
- Choose Migrate customers using the migration tool
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Modify already existing records
- You receive the error message mentioned during the Simulation step
Data in the field Address UUID is missing in the template.
You may upload the Web Site to the Customers using the below steps:
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center
- Select Export Customers link
- Export the Addresses tab to CSV file and add the data in the Web Site field
- Select Import Customers link and upload the file to the Addresses tab
- Execute Data Import Immediately
You may also use the Migration approach to upload the Web Site of an existing Customer. The system requires an Address UUID to map the new information to the previously existing Address. If you are using Migration tool, ensure that the Address UUID is exported for the Customer using Mass Data Maintenance.
Mass Data Maintenance and the Migration tool share the same backend object. Therefore, the system will still expect this Address UUID field to be filled in the migration template if you try to update an Address through the Migration tool, even though the Address UUID field does not show in the template after uploading the file to the migration tool.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To