You are creating a new time type or editing an existing one and is getting the following error message:
Error 'You cannot choose [or change] Duration Display According to if time account types are assigned'
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central: Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
WHEN CREATING A NEW TIME TYPE:
- In Admin Center, go to Manage Time Off Structures;
- Create new 'Time Type';
- Set 'Duration Display According to' as 'Calendar Days' and also assign a Time account type posting rule.
- On Save, an error appears as below:
WHEN CHANGING AN EXISTING TIME TYPE:
- Go to manage time off structures;
- Select an existing time type which has a time account type;
- Try to change the "Duration display according to";
- Get the same error message;
If the Duration Display According to is set as 'Calendar Days', then you cannot assign Time account posting rules (or Time account types) to that particular Time Type.
This is as per system design.
Which means that it is not supported to change a Time Type which has a time account type to "Calendar Days".