You are trying to perform data migration of certain objects but is receiving the following error: "Object XXX is Currently not Open for Data Migration Specific Change" (XXX represents the object which you are trying to migrate).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Migration of the object which you want to migrate and execute the migration for a file;
- The error will be displayed at the top of the screen.
The Migration Object is not enabled for data migration.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Overview;
- Search for the activity Enable Data Migration per Object;
- Select it and then click on the button "Change Immediately";
- Select the checkboxes for the objects which you want to enable for migration;
- Select Save and Close.
The Business Configuration activities "Enable Data Migration" and "Disable Data Migration" have been introduced with the ByDesign 1708 release.
Once your migration project has been finalized, please use this functionality again to close the migration objects.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To