The Recruiting Marketing platform (RMK) is designed to help clients optimize their job marketing spend by tracking and reporting on activity from their job seekers. One attribute of tracking uses a standard internet practice of capturing the IP address of the site visitor. The IP Address is used in RMK to determine the publicly available information associated with the IP address and therefore may include Country, Region/State, City, Host Name, and Lat/Long coordinates for the address.
Recent legislation has determined IP Address could be considered Personal Identifiable Information (PII) because of the ability to cross reference the publicly available information associated with the IP address with other information to determine the identity of an individual. RMK associates the IP address with Visitors to determine the country and US State of the visitor and associates the additional information mentioned above with the Talent Community Members when available.
This article explains the use of IP Address within the Recruiting Marketing Platform and the available option to prevent capturing IP Address and how it will impact the use of the system.
Companies with operations or with jobs in countries that consider IP Address Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
DEFINITIONS AND COMMON LANGUAGE:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address - Numeric value assigned to a computer that is used to establish communication between devices.
- Personal Identifiable Information (PII) - Any piece of information that can be used to identify an individual.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK) - All versions
In order to comply with IP Address Tracking policies, the implementation of some features must be carefully reviewed when designing RMK sites:
- Google Analytics captures IP address and should not be added to sites.
- Social Sharing widgets like "Add This" capture IP address and should not be added to sites.
- Additional 3rd party software used during the site build need to be determined if they capture IP address prior to adding to sites. Examples of 3rd party software include but not limited to embedded video players and chat software.
Turn on/off the tracking IP Address for the RMK applications:
- This is a control managed in Command Center.
- The default configuration for new site builds is to NOT track IP Address.
If you would like to turn on/off the Tracking IP Address functionality, please reach out to your Implementation Partner or create an incident on the Support Launchpad for the RMK Support team.
2542150 - IP Address Tracking - Capturing and Storing IP Address – Recruiting Marketing
2542136 - IP Address Tracking - Known Limitations and Behaviors – Recruiting Marketing
2546836 - IP Address Tracking - Removing Historical Data - Recruiting Marketing
2583501 - IP Address Tracking - FAQs - Recruiting Marketing
2397826 - RMK Dashboard not capturing IP addresses
- IP Address tracking
- Site Design
- Third-party add-on features
- Disabling / enabling
- RMK Data Protection Compliance