A user has been granted access to Report Center and has the required functional permissions.
But she / he is unable to create / access 'Report - Canvas' reports
SuccessFactors Report Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Create two users in BizX with the same UserID but with different letter casing.
example: SFADMIN and sfadmin
- Create a new permission role and grant Report Center permissions and all functional permissions required for Report Canvas to it.
- Assign the role to a new permission group and add SFADMIN and sfadmin to this group.
- Log in to the instance as SFADMIN and access Report Center.
- Try creating a new 'Report Canvas' report or try accessing an existing 'Report Canvas' report - Works fine.
- Log in as sfadmin and access Report Center.
- sfadmin will not be able to create to access 'Report Canvas' reports in spite of having the same permissions as SFADMIN
Report Canvas reports are Online Report Designer (ORD) Reports.
ORD uses its own User / Permission structure, replicated from BizX for the most part.
The username naming convention in ORD is case insensitive.
When a second user with the same UserID but different letter casing (SFADMIN vs sfadmin), requests for 'Report Canvas' reports, ORD assumes this is a duplicate and rejects the request.
If two users have the same UserID in BizX even if the letter casing, the second user will never be able to create / access 'Report Canvas' reports in Report Center.
The second user's UserID has to be changed
Report Canvas access
Report Canvas unable to access
UserID , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Center , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , Problem