The logs for some broadcasts are missing or incomplete. The error details and / or the confirmation of successful delivery are not shown in the logs. This happens in both the Last Broadcast Run tab, as well as the log details.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics.
- Choose the view Broadcasts.
- Mark a broadcast and either click on View Logs, or check the Last Run tab underneath the broadcast table.
You notice that some logs are missing. For example:
- The broadcast resulted in an error (orange symbol), however no error details are shown.
- The broadcast was successful (green symbol), but no confirmation is shown that it was delivered. This may also happen for only one or a few recipients.
This behavior is due to a technical issue which requires a correction. It can happen in the following circumstances:
- Several broadcasts are created by the same user.
- Several broadcasts use the bursting feature.
- Several broadcasts are scheduled to run at the same time.
The broadcasts that fulfil these conditions share the same log number. This is the reason for the logs becoming inconsistent.
We are working on adjusting this behavior, however at this point in time, we cannot estimate the release which will contain the improvement.
In the meantime, to avoid this issue please change the schedule of one of the broadcasts so that it starts at a different time. This will change the log number and the issue does not occur.
KBA , logs wrong , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To