You have created a Sales Forecast in the system and exported it to Microsoft Excel. After opening the Forecast in Microsoft Excel and adding the columns Product and Product Category, the values in the respective fields show # and Not Assigned.
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have already created a Sales Forecast in the system and downloaded the Microsoft Excel Add-In.
- Go to the Sales Work Center.
- Go to the Forecasts view.
- Select Forecast ABC (ABC represents the name of the Forecast).
- Click the Export to Microsoft Excel button.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel.
- Add the columns Product and Product Category.
- Notice that in the Product column values show # and in the Product Category column values show Not Assigned.
You expect Products data to be displayed since Products have been added to the Opportunities used in the Forecast ABC.
You have created a Sales Forecast with the level Opportunity Forecast. With this type of Forecast, either the expected or weighted amount is used. Products do not take part in the Forecast in any way, the dimension is not there and hence, the values are not visible in the Microsot Excel file.
This is the expected system behavior. If a Forecast is created with the level Product, then the amount from the Product level is considered in the Forecast. In this case, Products are visible in the Microsoft Excel file since they are participating in the Forecast.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To