Formatting not retained.
- Conditional Cross-Tab formatting not exported to MS Excel - Data Only from Crystal Reports.
- When exporting a report to MS Excel - Data Only, the cross-tab formatting looks different in Crystal Reports, than in MS Excel.
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports designer, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a cross-tab on the report.
- Conditionally format the a cell of a cross-tab.
For example: Set the color of the summary in red if it is lower than a specific value, otherwise display the value in black.
- When viewing the report in Crystal Reports, the cross-tab summary displays some values in red.
- Export the report to MS Excel - Data Only format, and check the export option: "Export object formatting"
- When opening the exported file in MS Excel, notice the cross-tab formatting is different than in Crystal Reports.
For example: If there was a conditional color for a summary, it will only display all the summary values in black.
MS Excel Data-only format was designed to export data only.
- The option "Export object formatting" only support very basic formatting, and does not support conditional formatting on a cross-tab. This is why the conditional cross-tab formatting is not retained when exporting to MS Excel Data-Only format.
- For a general list of Crystal Reports supported features by exporting format, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1946358
To export the cross-tab conditional formatting, export the report to: Microsoft Excel (97-2003) format.
CR, xtab, cross-tab, crosstab , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016