You have embedded a report into a particular screen, for example the account, and you have done the appropriate mapping between a report field and a screen field. However when you open an account, you receive an error:
'Value not valid for variable XYZ' (where XYZ stands for the report field you have mapped).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Customers, view Accounts.
- Open an account.
- Go to the tab where you have embedded your report.
The report results in the above error message.
You have enabled a hierarchy on the respective report field. Once you have a hierarchy on a field, to use the selection, you would need to select the value from the value help (rather than entering it manually). When you do a mapping in an embedded report, the variable is not passed via the value help.
You can use the Filter instead of the Selection to map the fields between the embedded report and the customer screen. The steps to do so are:
- Go to the work center Customers, view Account.
- Open any account.
- Go into the Adaptation mode.
- Edit your embedded report.
In the "Selection" tab, remove the mapping you have maintained, e.g. between Account (BP_UUID) and Account (*).
- Go to the Filter tab.
- Here, map the fields once again, e.g. Account (BP_UUID) and Account (*).
- Click on Apply.
Alternatively, you can also remove the hierarchy if you prefer to use the selection. To do so:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Search for your report and click on Edit with > Report Wizard.
- Go to step 4.
- Search for the field you are mapping (e.g. Account) and set the hierarchy setting to No Hierarchy.
- Click on Finish.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To