There are employees who are terminated and has been hired again. The leave balance (say Annual leave) is displaying the balance present as of the termination date and not reversed to 0 which causes employees to have a wrong excess of balance.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
1. Employee is terminated with Annual Leave balance 50.4
2. The employee is rehired again but the balance remains and it is not reset to 0
This is currently the expected behavior
Possible Work arounds:
1. Use manual adjustments to post the accruals.
2. Close the old time accounts related to the terminated user. You can do so using an interim update rule to set the account to closed, and then run the interim calendar.
Then the terminated account will not be considered and you will not encounter this error.
You would need to run the interim calendar on a regular basis, to pick up all terminations throughout the year.
The engineering team has taken this as a valid requirement and an enhancement is planned. The new behaviour after the enhancement has been implemented is:
- Adjust time account validity up to termination date
- In the Terminate action, existing time accounts shall be delimited with respect to their validity and bookable dates. Thus, the Termination Rules can be executed for the delimited time accounts to recalculate their accrual amounts.
- Create new time accounts valid from rehire date
- In case of Rehire a new time account shall be created from the rehire date to the end of the validity period.
- Create accruals for the new time accounts. For the new time account the Hire Rule shall be called, and accruals shall be created for the rehire period (similar as in case of first-time hire).
Currently the Enhancement has no fix date, and is currently in discussion for 1805 but not confirmed. You can track the release of this Enhancement by checking the release notes in each release for ECT-53709.
Please reach out to your CSM if further tracking of ECT-53709 is required.
Time off Termination Rehire Leave Balance Reset Accrual period Accrual ECT-53709 Time Account Rehire period Hire Period Termination Period , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Product Enhancement