The message Please Enter a Reference Document Item Type pops up when you open a Ticket inside a Sales Order.
Reproducing the Issue
Requirement: you need to have a C4C system integrated with an ECC system.
1. Go to the Sales Order work center.
2. Open the Sales Order view.
3. Go to the Tickets tab.
4. Click New.
Result: The message Please Enter a Reference Document Item Type pops up and you cannot save the Ticket.
You are creating Sales Orders in C4C (via integration from ECC) but did not activated the scoping option Selling Standard Products.
1. Go to the Business Configuration work center.
2. Go to the Implementation projects view.
3. Click Edit Project Scope.
4. In the Scoping session, open Sales > Product and Service Portfolio for Sales > Sell Standard Products.
5. Select the option Sell Standard Products.
The message will disappear for the new Sales Orders created after enabling this option. However, the message will continue appearing on Sales Orders which were created before this option was enabled.
For these old Sales Orders, you need to open an incident and confirm that you allow Development to correct the already existing Sales Orders where this message still appears.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , Product Enhancement