The BizX/JAM integration within LMS is set up correctly. The user has the proper authorizations to access JAM. However, at the moment a search is performed in the catalog, a pop-up error is thrown. The error is related to JAM.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Learning Management System Core
Reproducing the Issue
- In the catalog box search for any item and click "Ok" or hit "Enter";
- The search page will load and a pop-up error will be thrown;
The affected user did not accept the Terms and Conditions of JAM. If JAM is not integrated with the environment, it is enabled in LMS side.
The user needs to access JAM and accept the Terms and Conditions. With it, if the integrations are correct and if the user has the proper authorizations, the error will not happen anymore.
To check the relevant integrations, please see:
- For Advanced editions of SAP Jam the main integration steps required are:
- jamIntegrationEnabled", ensure that it is set to "true" (see section 2 part II of above KBA
- 'Enable API' is enabled in SAP Jam 'Admin' 'Feature Management' section.
- updating the “successFactorsCubeTreeBaseURL” according to the correct server mapping. Please see section 2 part III of above KBA
For Advanced Plus or Enterprise editions of SAP Jam please see KBA 2266004 - SAP Jam integration with LMS
In case JAM is not integrated with LMS, disable it in LMS settings:
- Log as an Admin;
- Navigate to System Admin->Configuration->System Configuration;
- Find and open LMS_ADMIN in edit mode;
- Search for "jamIntegrationEnabled" using your browser's search functionality;
- Change 'true' to 'false' and save the changes.
2323363 - JAM Integration in LMS Knowledge Support and Tips
2497535 - Catalog search error HttpClientErrorException: 403 Forbidden
2161834 - Unable to Connect to Jam. Please Verify your Jam Integration setting and connectivity whilst adding Jam Groups to an item in LMS
2458958 - Token error with catalog search bar
2266004 - SAP Jam integration with LMS
Unable to connect to JAM to retrieve search results. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact your system administrator, JAM, search, catalog, item, error, learning, jamIntegrationEnabled , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-JAM , Jam Integrations , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , LMS Catalog , Problem