Automatic Bank Statements containing transactions for open invoices (payables/receivables) are uploaded and posted.
There are no Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines defined and there are not external document numbers referenced in the memo-line of respective bank statement blocks.
Notwithstanding this, an automatic clearing of open invoices is expected based on:
- Pertinent settings for Clearing Strategies which allow for Clearings without External Reference.
- Previous Payment Clearings and the selection of 'Remember Assignment for Future Payment Allocations' check-box in associated Payment Allocations of that type.
After posting of a Bank Statement, however, On Account Payments are created automatically. Suitable invoices did not get cleared.
Reproducing the Issue
To check the Clearing Strategies:
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Overview.
- Find the Clearing Strategies activity. Or, if your system is not live yet, access this activity from Fine Tuning in the Implementation Project.
- Choose Maintain clearing strategies.
- Besides settings for Tolerances you can define Allow Automatic Clearing If No or Incorrect Reference Number under Further Settings.
To check the indicator 'Remember Assignment for Future Payment Allocations' in Payment Alloctions:
After a previous Bank Statement posting the Postprocessing status would have shown as Required, in this case, indicating a Payment Allocation in 'In Preparation' status. The Payment Allocation can be accessed either in the Liquidity Management workcenter , via the bank statement itself or in the Payment Management workcenter.
Liquidity Management workcenter:
- In the Bank Statement view Select the relevant posted bank statement.
- In the Postprocessing column, follow the Required link.
Payment Management workcenter:
- Navigate to the Payment Allocation view.
- Select the relevant payment allocation of type 'Bank Statement', Status 'In Preparation'.
In the first Payment Allocation ABC resulting from a previous bank statement posting:
- Navigate to the Customer/Supplier tab and specify the intended business partner account XYZ. The Open Items grid will fill with open receivables/payables items.
- Match corresponding transactions with suitable due-items until the Open Amount of the Payment Allocation is 0,00.
- Mark the tick-box Remember Assignment for Future Payment Allocations and press Post.
Payment Allocation DEF resulting from a subsequent bank statement posting:
Payment Allocation DEF and associated Payment Clearing are automatically posted (Postprocessing status: Not Required); However, the allocation was posted as an On Account Payment for Customer/Supplier XYZ. Open invoices are not cleared.
It is a system definition that automatic Payment Allocations solely based on the indicator Remember Assignment for Future Payment Allocations result in On Account Payments against Customer/Supplier (The identification usually is based on the IBAN-Number in the Bank Statement memo).
Settings for Clearings without External Reference in Payment Strategies do not apply for such a Payment Allocation from Bank Statement.
In such a scenario open due-times will have to be cleared in the Account Monitor, e.g. Customer Account Monitor.
- Navigate to Receivables work center.
- Customers / Customer Accounts view.
- Select customer account XYZ and open the Customer Account Monitor via View.
On Account Payment from Payment Allocation DEF here shows with External Reference of the Bank Statement Item and has to be matched with a suitable open Invoice.
An automatic invoice clearing in Payment Allocation DEF already when posting the Bank Statement can be achieved by additionally setting up Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines in case open receivables/payables are referenced in the Bank Statement itself.
For creation and testing of such rules please consult the Online-Help: Creation of Memo Line Analysis Rules for Common Use Cases.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To