Admin wants to add specific equipment to segment of Scheduled offering
Search results do not show specific equipment despite the fact that it is linked to Scheduled offering facility
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
1. As an admin create a scheduled offering
2. Add facility e.g. "abc" to Scheduled offering. This facility has equipment "Blue Ray" linked in references > physical resources > facilities.
3. Navigate to segment tab of Scheduled offering record and add location e.g. "AB-2" that is linked to facility "abc" added previously in references > physical resources > locations.
4. While still in segment tab, try to add equipment "Blue Ray" by clicking on green plus sign.
5. We cannot see equipment "Blue Ray" in search results despite the fact that this equipment is linked with facility "abc" as shown in step 2 above.
Affected equipment that cannot be found was linked with facility but not the location and it affected automatic filters applied when searching.
When trying to add an equipment to segment, LMS adds automatic filter to make it easier for admins to search.
You can see these filters by clicking on "Search" tab on result screen.
As can be seen above, filters automatically applied location "AB-2" as it is a part of segment as well.
But because location "AB-2" has not affected equipment "Blue Ray" linked in references, equipment cannot be seen in results.
If you remove this from filters, you will see equipment "Blue Ray" as per screenshot below and it is expected system behaviour.
Automatic filters cannot be disabled.
First option in order to resolve - change the filters applied - remove location from filter
Second option in order to resolve - Link location with equipment in references, not just facility and equipment will be linked automatically.
- The equipment in the building (Facility) is not allocated, it is only the equipment in the room (location) that is allocated automatically to the Segment and can be seen as allocated as well.
- The Equipment in the building can be searched and added separately, not automatic.
equipment, facility, location