- Admin received two notifications each for Learning Expiration and overdue notification on same day and having different contents in it
- This article explain the behavior of Learning Expiration APM and reason for two notifications sent to Admin on same day
SuccessFactors Learning Management System - LMS
Reproducing the Issue
- Login into LMS as Admin
- Go to System Admin -> Automatic Processes -> Learning Expiration
- Schedule Learning Expiration APM and provide Email address of admin to receive notification about Learning Expiration notification.
- If your LMS environment has many records which qualify for overdue and expiration notification, in some cases admin receives 2 notifications each for expiration and overdue notification
- ‘Learning Expiration Notification’ APM includes both Learning Expiration and Overdue notifications and if ‘SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification’ is enabled, Admin receives separate emails for each type.
- There is a configuration under System Admin -> Configuration ->LMS Admin-> apmJobSettings.TRNGEXPIRE.transactionCommitSize which we are using to commit the that many number of records in a batch.
- Each batch is calling scheduleApmEmail API to send notifications for that set of records. Default value of this config is 10000.
- Though APM sends separate notifications for each type, the limit applies to the sum of Overdue and Expiration notifications for a transaction.
- Suppose in the first transaction, Admin gets ‘108 ’Expiration Notifications and ‘9892’ Overdue Notifications (Sum is 10,000)
- In the second transaction, Admin will receive remaining records in separate notifications for expiration and overdue notification. for example Expiration Notifications = 15, Overdue Notifications = 1001.
Admin can modify the configuration present in LMS Admin configuration file to update number of records can be included in each batch of APM email in:
System Admin -> Configuration ->LMS Admin-> apmJobSettings.TRNGEXPIRE.transactionCommitSize
SF SuccessFactors LMS apmJobSettings, limit, size, duplicate, learning expiration, overdue, admin notification, apm result , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem