There is an error message in the EC Sales List Run: 'VAT ID For XYZ Missing in Document ABC of Type Customer Invoice' (where XYZ is the VAT ID and ABC the ID of the customer invoice). You can see this in the application log of the EC Sales List Run.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management Work Center.
- Switch to the EC Sales List Runs View.
- Show All Tax Return Runs, find XXX and press Go (where XXX represents the Tax Return ID).
- Select Details.
- Show All Logs and press Go.
- Click Link for Log ID YYY (where YYY represents the Application Log ID of the EC Sales List Run).
- Switch to the tab Results.
You can see an error message like VAT ID For XYZ Missing in Document ABC of Type Customer Invoice.
The error occurs due to a missing Tax Number in the Account Financial data. You need to add a valid VAT Number in the Customer Account to solve this issue.
- Go to the Account Management Work Center.
- Go to the Accounts View.
- Show All Accounts, find DEF and press Go (where DEF stands for the respective customer account).
- Choose Edit - Financial Data.
- Switch to sub tab Tax Data.
- Insert a Tax Number in case there is none maintained.
- Cancel the respective Customer Invoices and create new Customer Invoices from the respective Sales Order.
- Rerun the EC Sales List Run in question.
Now there should be no more error message appearing.
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To