Sales Order created after a Purchase Order is with Net Price as default instead of Gross Price.
SAP Business ByDesign - all its versions.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders view.
- Search for ABC (ABC refers to Purchase Order ID).
- Edit the document.
- Navigate to Document Flow tab.
- Open the Sales Order created.
- Net price is set as default.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Project view.
- Click on Open Activity List.
- Search for Configure Price Strategy.
- Open it and select Default Gross Pricing.
- This is set as Distribution Channel: Direct Sales and Default Pricing: Gross.
In Business Configuration work center, for the activity Configure Price Strategy, it's possible to select as default Gross Pricing for Direct Sales, this behavior applies only for manually Sales Order creation, in which it will be possible to have Sales Order with Gross Price as default instead of Net Price. In this case, it's possible to switch from Net Price to Gross Price when creating the document. This behavior doesn't happen in intercompany scenario.
It is not currently possible to switch to Gross Price, even when it is configured, for an intercompany scenario. The reason for this is that in an intercompany scenario, it takes over the Net Price coming from the Purchase Order to customer expected price. This is an A2A (Application to Application, Purchase Order to Sales order) case where the price strategy is not changeable.
This is the expected system behavior.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/896.
Purchase Order ; Sales Order ; Intercompany ; Gross Price ; Net Price , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , AP-PRC-PR , Pricing , How To