You want to know why system displays Green ATP instead of Red for a product in a sales order though there is no inventory available in a system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders Workcenter.
- Go to Sales Order View.
- Select All Orders using drop down.
- Enter required Order ID and choose Edit.
- Choose View All and navigate to Items tab.
- Here for line item with required product, system displays ATP as Green.
- Now select Stock Overview, check the stock for the product.
- You see stock is not available for the product.
Since you have not maintained any Planning Area and relevant Availability Check Scope under Availabiilty Confirmation tab in the required product master data. Therefore, by default system always displays ATP as Green.
Without these parameters system does not checks the availability of the stock. This is an expected system behavior.
- Go to Product Data Workcenter.
- Go to Materials view and choose Materials subview.
- Select All Materials using drop down.
- Find required Material ID.
- Select and Edit it.
- Go to View All and navigate to Availabiilty Confirmation tab.
- Choose Add Row and enter required Planning Area.
- Then maintain required Availability Check Scope from the list as per your requirement.
- Perform Save and Close.
- Based on these settings, system performs availability check on the product.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To