While importing a new Reporting Structure you get the error message: 'Enter a value for the mandatory field G/L Account with row key 'chart of Accounts' 'XY' '1000000495' in 'G/L Account Assignment' (where XY stands for the relevant Chart of Account ID).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center and choose Overview View.
- In the field Show, select All Activities using drop down and select fine tune activity Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Choose Change Immediately.
- Edit financial reporting structures
- Import from Microsoft Excel
- Choose File AB (AB stands for the Reporting Structure) to be imported
The following error messages are raised:
'Enter a value for the mandatory field G/L Account with row key 'chart of Accounts' 'XY' '1000000495' in 'G/L Account Assignment'
This is a generic error message raised because there is an empty Item field on the XML file. Because this is a mandatory field it causes errors.
Value 1000000495 looks like a G/L Account ID however it does not refer to any existing ID in your Chart of Accounts.
Please fill or remove this field according to your needs from this XML File.
Afterwards it is possible to save the new imported Reporting Structure in the system.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To