When creating a Service Ticket, if the Account ID is changed the Contact field does not get updated.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work centre.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Select the New button.
- In the Account field, select Account ABC (ABC represents the Account ID).
- The Contact field is automatically populated with the Primary Contact of the Account ABC.
- Now in the Account field, change the Account to Account DEF.
- The Contact field does not get updated with the Primary Contact of the Account DEF.
Manual entries have higher priority than automated determination results, therefore a manually changed Contact is kept even when the Account is changed. Development have confirmed that they cannot change this logic as this would be incompatible for existing customers.
This is the expected behaviour of the system.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To