You are adding Personnel Administration data for an employee of a certain country (hereby referred to as XYZ) using the Migration tool, but on the third step of the migration you encounter the following error message:
An MDCI implementation (from business object ) has rejected the save
No country version for XYZ exists in ERM
Validity start date DD/MM/YYYY already used by another assignment set
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center, then to Overview
- Search for "migration of employee data"
- Open the activity Migration of Employee Data - XYZ
- On the next screen, click the link to Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool
- In the migration tool, select the relevant template under Source Files
- If you haven't uploaded the file yet, find instructions for the same below
To upload a migration file:
- In the migration tool, click the You Can Also link on the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the option to Download Migration Template
- Open the XML template that is downloaded and populate it with the relevant data, respecting mandatory fields and sheets
- Save the file
- Back in the migration tool, click Upload > Data from Migration Template
- Select your file in the browsing window and upload it
This may happen due to the fact that the employee's hire date is outside the validity — either before the Valid From data or after the Valid To date — of all expense types for country XYZ. You can check this by doing the following:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, then to Overview
- Search for "expense reporting"
- Open the activity Expense Reporting - XYZ
- On the next screen, click the link to Edit expense types
- Select any of the available expense types on the list
- Check the Valid From and Valid To dates under Details
If the employee's hire date is indeed outside the validity of the expense types, you can either shift the hire date to be within the validity of the expense types or edit the expense types to encompass the employee's hire date (this option will require a change project).
If the validity of the expense types is already encompassing the employee's hire date and the error still occurs, please report an incident to SAP Cloud Product Support for further analysis.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To