How to configure Background Check with First Advantage
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
The article explain the steps to configure background check with First Advantage.
Note: Always seek assistance from your Professional Serivices or Partners for any configuration concern to make sure that you'll meet business requirements and to avoid issues with configuration.
- The customer must have an existing contract with First Advantage, and should obtain the necessary URLs and credentials for the integration.
- The Xchange password for First Advantage must be changed every 60 days
The integration between SuccessFactors and First Advantage allows joint customers to initiate and receive results of background checks and drug screens on candidates directly from the SuccessFactors Recruiting system.
- Grant admin users permissions for Background Check Central.
- Non-RBP: Managing Recruiting > Manage Recruiting Administration > Background Check Central
- RBP: Manage Security > Manage Permission Roles > Select the Role > Permission > Administrator Permissions Manage Recruiting > Background Check Central
- Non-RBP: Managing Recruiting > Manage Recruiting Administration > First Advantage Background Check Integration Settings
- RBP: Manage Security > Manage Permission Roles > Select the Role> Permissions > Administrator Permissions > Manage Recruiting > First Advantage Background Check Integration Settings.
- Background Check Request URL for DA
- Background Check Order Status URL
- Background Check View Report URL
- Background Check Candidate Order Status URL
- Background Check Get Accounts URL
- Background Check Get Packages URL
- NOTE: If you dont have access to ***Provisioning*** , Please contact your Partners or Professional Services
- NOTE : The following IP addresses should be included: 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, and 10.8.248.108.
- Table 1: FADV Example URL's
Data Center URL DC8 Preview
DC8 Production https://api8.successfactors.com/odata/v2/restricted/upsert?$format=json DC5 Preview https://api5preview.sapsf.eu/odata/v2/restricted/upsert?$format=json DC5 Production https://api5.successfactors.eu/odata/v2/restricted/upsert?$format=json
- NOTE: if you dont access to the job requisition XML, please contact your Partners or Professional Services
- <field-definition id="fadvAccountPackage" type="derived" required="false" custom="false”>
<field-label><![CDATA[Fadv Account Package]]></field-label>
<field-description><![CDATA[Fadv Account Package]]></field-description>
- <feature-permission type="backgroundCheck”>
<description><![CDATA[R can launch on-boarding emails during statuses with a Hired category]]></description>
- Non-RBP: Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges and select the user or group of users you would like to permission. Click Integration Tools > Admin access to OData API.
- RBP: Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Security> Manage Permission Roles. Select the role that needs API access, then click Permission settings > Permissions > Administrator Permissions > Manage Integration Tools and select the Admin access to OData API permission.
- E-mail Applicant : This is a two step process where SuccessFactors sends applicant data to First Advantage and First Advantage contacts the candidate to invite them to fill out the missing background check data.
- Allow account and packages to be selected at the application level: Users with the appropriate permissions can add, edit, or remove account and package combinations from the job application page. All updates will be reflected on both the job requisition and job application fields.
- Accounts and Packages: Synchronize accounts and packages from First Advantage
- Parent Field Selection: Here you can select a job requisition picklist field as a parent field for the FADV account field. This refines the list of selectable accounts based on the parent field data selection.
- Job Requisition: Map Job Requisition fields from each Job Requisition ML templates to the corresponding First Advantage fields.
- NOTE: You cannot map the user-defined fields Due Date or Post Job Language in the Job Requisition. Additionally, Employment Type mapping only supports these values: current or prior.
- Job Application: Map Job Application fields from each Job Application XML template to the corresponding First Advantage fields
- Candidate Profile: Map Candidate Profile fields from the Candidate Profile XML template to the corresponding First Advantage fields Background Elements: Map Background Element sections and fields from the Candidate Profile XML template to the corresponding First Advantage fields
- Background Elements: Map additional information from the Candidate Profile to FADV to send these fields to FADV when a background check or drug screen order is submitted.
- API Credentials: Enter First Advantage API credentials (provided by First Advantage)
- Export all external accounts.
- Update the external accounts csv file:
- If the customer is using another integration (eQuest or Verifications, Inc.), ensure that you have the appropriate passwords for the accounts included in the exported file. Uploading this file without passwords for the existing accounts deletes the existing passwords and prevents users from being able to use the
other integrations. All new First Advantage customers should use the same unique identifiers between the two systems. Customers who follow this do not need the additional configuration step
- USER_NAME: SuccessFactors users’ usernames who need permission to the First Advantage system
- EXTERNAL_PARTNER_CODE: Use FADV
- PARTNER_USERNAME: Employee’s username in First Advantage
- PARTNER_PASSWORD: Leave this blank because it is not needed
Configure Background Check FADV Configuration First Advantage , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integrations & Intelligent Services , How To